points in a multipolygon set from oraclespatial

Judd, Chris Chris.Judd at DEP.STATE.FL.US
Thu Sep 23 10:07:02 EDT 2004

I'm not sure, but I think you might run into an issue with MapServer if you
are mixing geometry types.  I haven't tested this myself, but MapServer can
support only one geometry type for each layer.  With that said I have heard
that MapServer can support polys and lines in a single layer but most likely
points would not work.

Hope this helps.

-Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On
Behalf Of GIRAUD Pierre
Sent: Thursday, September 23, 2004 9:34 AM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] points in a multipolygon set from
oraclespatial

I'm new to Oracle, that's probably why that wasn't clear for me. '1003'
gtype is not for a point but for polygons too.
Actually, the '2007' multipolygons with '1003' elements are polygons
with holes. I'm sorry for this obvious mistake.

Althouh, I do have the problem that OGR connection crashes,
oraclespatial connection not on those type of geometry.

Pierre