Layer Groups and WFS

David Fawcett David.Fawcett at STATE.MN.US
Thu Sep 23 17:36:12 EDT 2004

Is it possible to group several vector layers in a WFS server so a WFS
client can call them as one layer (TYPENAME)?

In other words, can you have a mapfile for a WFS client where you pull
many vector layers from local shapefile sources.  Then using GROUP or
some other method call this group of layers through one WFS request from
a MapServer WFS client?

I would like to accomplish this in the server mapfile if possible.  I
am using v4.2.1

As an aside, I saw an older post that pointed out that you can't do a
GETFEATURE request that contains multiple TYPENAMEs (layers).  I also
tried this based on OGC documentation and verified that it is not
possible.

e.g. REQUEST=GetFeature&TYPENAME=layera,layerb

Thanks,

David.

David J. Fawcett
MN Office of Environmental Assistance