Reference maps

Bob Basques bob.basques at CI.STPAUL.MN.US
Fri Sep 24 14:02:52 EDT 2004

All,

Can the reference map image be a dynamically generated image from MapServer?

I'm doing some ItemQueries, and would like the refence map to start at
the same level of view as the itemquery does.  So that any ItemQuery
would need to retrieve a new Reference map.

The MAPFILE components don't seem to lend themselves to the idea of
making the refence map dynamically.  I suppose a imagemap template would
work just as well. and then I could just display two images in the browser.

Maybe that's the answer, a dynamic refence map is just another map
call.  Although I would need to somehow draw the query box on top of the
image returned.   I could use a completely transparent image as the
refence map in the MAPFILE and lay that over the top of the dynamically
generated image via HTML.

Am I over thinking this?

bobb