Tiling Large Rasters

Titus von der Malsburg malsburg at CL.UNI-HEIDELBERG.DE
Tue Sep 28 12:40:39 EDT 2004

Hi,

normally I tile raster images with a little script that uses netpbm to
load the data und cut out the tiles.  But now I have an image to tile
that is too large to be loaded into memory.

Actually it should be possible to do the tiling with constant memory
consumption (ammount of memory not depending on the size of the image).

Is there any software out there that accomplishes this task?

I looked briefly into the documentation of Grass but couldn't find
anything.

Thanks,
        Titus