GetCapabilities

David Zwiers dzwiers at REFRACTIONS.NET
Wed Sep 29 14:17:21 EDT 2004

Tom,

My comment was more to the effect that I believe some attributes are
missing in the documents returned. The current implementation has this
as the first element:

<WFS_Capabilities version="1.0.0" updateSequence="0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-capabilities.xsd">

but I believe that since both the default namespace has not been set,
and the xsi namespace has not been set, the schemaLocation attribute is
meaningless to a generic parser. I also do not believe that the
capabilities document would validate.

My recommendation is to add the the following two attributes to have the
element looks like this:

<WFS_Capabilities version="1.0.0" updateSequence="0"
xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/wfs"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs
http://schemas.opengis.net/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-capabilities.xsd">

Yours,