Newbie questions

Aldon Hynes ahynes1 at OPTONLINE.NET
Thu Sep 30 11:58:32 EDT 2004

I have recently set up a MapServer to handle political maps in the U.S.  I
am not an experienced geographer, but through poking around, and finding
various workarounds, I've managed to get a few maps up and running.

I've documented my efforts on my blog, Orient Lodge,
http://www.orient-lodge.com  Feel free to read that and comment there, or
answer my questions which I'll list here.  (You may need to read the blog
entry to get the full context...)

How do I get MapServer to work with IIS?
How do I get MapScript working with IIS?
How do I incorporate this into Drupal (e.g. getting MapClient or MapScript
to work)
How do I find extents automatically without using ArcView?
Is there a nice way to change the scaling?
How do you make a section clickable? (I’m currently creating PNGs that I add
to Drupal as a client side clickable map)
How do you set up a floating tag? (So, when the mouse hovers over a
location, it says what the location is. I can do this with clickable maps,
and have at Local Pols)
How do you make different sections different colors based on specific needs?
(I’m doing it with a kludged up map file. I’m sure there must be a better
way
How do I add a symbol, or many symbols, programmatically?

Aldon