Imagery TileIndex extent errors

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at POBOX.COM
Thu Sep 30 15:55:45 EDT 2004

ANDREW WOOLEY wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I am using a raster tileindex that I created using gdaltindex and it
> works very well.  However, when I draw a portion of the map that the
> index does not cover, I get this:
> Fatal error: Object expected as argument. in
> /var/www/html/bst/map/bstmap.phtml on line 548. Line 548 is the line
> before the drawing of the map.
>
> I don't get an error if I take out the entry in the mapfile for the
> tiles or if I turn it off.

Andrew,

I have reviewed the code related to drawing rasters with a tile index
and I can't see any obvious reason why you would be getting this
behaviour or the error message you are seeing.

Are you in a position to rebuild your MapServer code with extra debugging
output?  If so, I could provide some extra debug messages that *might* shed
some light on things.

Best regards,