ASP.NET and mapscript - unable to load DLL

Abe Gillespie abe.gillespie at GMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 19 11:38:13 EDT 2005

Placing the depended-on DLLs into the bin dir will do nothing.  I
assume you're on a windows box.  Therefore the easiest way to take
care of this is by placing all the DLLs (except for map_script) into
<windows>\system32 where <windows> is the system windows directory
(c:\winnt, c:\windows, etc.).

With that said, you're entering a world of pain by using C# map_script
in ASP.NET.  Much of the map_script DLL is thread unsafe, that
combined with ASP.NET's supremely weird threading model (e.g. virtual
threads), you're going to encounter a plethora of problems.  This is
why you almost never see MapServer + ASP.NET discussion threads.

To get more info, search the archives.  You should find ten or so
messages about this topic.

-Abe