Linux and big ecw file

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Tue Aug 30 11:31:04 EDT 2005

On 8/30/05, Gianfranco Brescia <ajfrank at alice.it> wrote:
> Hi to all from Italy...
> I have a problem with ecw files...I've installed
> ecwsdk-3.1.25jan05-linux.tar.gz and gdal1.2.6.
> When I use a small ecw file (230 Mbyte) it works good but when I want see
> a big ecw file (9,8 GByte) I can see nothing... everything is in
> background color...
> Can somebody can help me, even if my English is not perfect?

Gianfranco,

The ecwsdk-3.1.25jan05 build still had a variety of bugs.  I would
suggest you try the same file with the FWTools 0.9.9 for linux to
see if it works better.

I am also expecting a new ECW SDK release soon which should
bundle a fair number of fixes, and an easier build mechanism for
use with GDAL 1.3.0.

Best regards,