WMS doesn't show maps

Eijnden, B. van den (Bart) b.vdeijnden at AGI.RWS.MINVENW.NL
Mon Dec 12 01:13:54 EST 2005

Can you post one of your LAYER definitions?

Also
1) check your WMS GetCapabilities response
(&service=WMS&version=1.1.1&request=GetCapabilities).
2) the request you try is not a full WMS request, it misses things like SRS
and BBOX.

Best regards,
Bart

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]Namens luca marletta
Verzonden: zaterdag 10 december 2005 15:07
Aan: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Onderwerp: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] WMS doesn't show maps

Hi all,
I'm new with WMS, never needed before now.
I've a working application of mapserver in localhost and I'm trying
now to set it up for working also in WMS server mode.
I prepared the map ad howto explain but just the annotations layer
appears. No one shape and no one raster and NO error.
It seems it's not able to find the data source but in map file there
is the absolute path.
Both with jump and browser request I got same results.
I cannot get it.

I'm sure there is an easy explanation but I'm going around from long.

WEB
	TEMPLATE "/var/www/pmapper/map.html"
	IMAGEPATH "/var/www/pmapper/comalo/tmp/"
	IMAGEURL "comalo/tmp/"
	MINSCALE 500
	MAXSCALE 160000
	METADATA
		"wms_title"                  "WMS CMALO"
		"wms_onlineresource"
"http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=../pmapper/comalo.map&"
		"wms_srs"                    "EPSG:4326 EPSG:32632
EPSG:23032"
		"wms_request" "GetMap"
		"wms_server_version" "1.1.1"
		"wms_service" "WMS"
		"wms_bbox" "1.50911e+06 5.10193e+06 1.53447e+06 5.12307e+06"
		"wms_format" "PNG"
		"wms_bgcolor" "0xFFFFFF"
		"wms_transparent" "TRUE"
		"wms_exception" "INIMAGE"
	END  # Metadata
END  # Web

Here my request in browser
http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=../pmapper/comalo.map&SERVICE=WMS&VERSI
ON=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&LAYERS=igm

Could someone give an hint please?

thanks a lot
luca
--
luca marletta
(La funzione di modifica è disabilitata nel corso del controllo ortografico)

Disclaimer
Aan dit bericht kunnen geen rechten worden ontleend. Dit bericht is
uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Als u dit bericht per abuis
hebt ontvangen, wordt u verzocht het te vernietigen en de afzender te
informeren. Wij adviseren u om bij twijfel over de juistheid of de
volledigheid van de mail contact met afzender op te nemen.

This message shall not constitute any rights or obligations.
This message is intended solely for the addressee.
If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
notify the sender immediately. When in doubt whether this message
is correct or complete, please contact the sender.