Little Help - C#

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Thu Dec 15 00:44:35 EST 2005

On Dec 14, 2005, at 8:13 PM, Ian Erickson wrote:

> Alright,
>
> I've compiled a working version of the mapscript_csharp assembly and
> everything seems to be working fine.  I can load, enumerate the
> layers,
> and save a copy of the image to the file system.  However, I need
> to add
> a point to a dynamically created layer (all of this mind you in C#).
> Here's what I've got:
>
>         mapObj m_obj = new mapObj(@"C:\base.map");
>
>         layerObj layer = new layerObj(m_obj);
>         layer.name = "PointLayer";
>         layer.type = MS_LAYER_TYPE.MS_LAYER_POINT;
>         layer.setProjection("init=epsg:4326");
>         layer.status = 1;
>
>         classObj c = new classObj(layer);
>         c.label.type = MS_FONT_TYPE.MS_TRUETYPE;
>         c.label.font = "arial";
>         c.label.size = 7;
>         c.label.color.setRGB(0, 0, 0);
>         c.label.outlinecolor.setRGB(255, 255, 255);
>
>         styleObj style = new styleObj(c);
>         style.symbolname = "circle";
>         style.size = 14;
>         style.color.setRGB(0, 255, 0);
>         style.outlinecolor.setRGB(0, 0, 0);
>
>         Console.WriteLine ("# Map layers " + m_obj.numlayers + "; Map
> name = " + m_obj.name);
>         for (int i=0; i<m_obj.numlayers; i++)
>         {
>             Console.WriteLine("Layer [" + i + "] name: " +
> m_obj.getLayer(i).name);
>         }
>
>         imageObj i_obj = m_obj.draw();
>
>         pointObj p = new pointObj(-111.4752, 33.377321, 0.0, 0.0);
>
>         lineObj l = new lineObj();
>         l.add(p);
>
>         shapeObj s = new shapeObj(0);
>         s.add(l);
>         s.text = "TEXT";
>
>         layer.addFeature(s);
>
>         p.draw(m_obj, layer, i_obj, 0, "TEXT");

Ian,

The last two lines here are redundant. There are 3 different ways to
render a point.

1) pointObj#draw
2) shapeObj#draw
3) layer#addFeature and then layer#draw

You're doing a little bit of each. I recommend that you go with #1
and delete the lines in between the creation of the new point, and
p.draw().

>         s.Dispose();
>         l.Dispose();
>         p.Dispose();
>
>         Console.ReadLine();
>
> As I mentioned, the assembly is creating the appropriate file, and
> everything seems to be working - with the exception of creating a
> point
> symbol on the new layer.  No exceptions are thrown so I must be
> missing
> something crucial.  If anyone can provide some hints, I'd be grateful!

How do you know that points are not drawn? Are you saving the
imageObj? I can't tell from the code.

---
Sean Gillies
sgillies at frii dot com