mapserver error with wms layer

Xavier Pereta xpereta at SEMICINTERNET.COM
Wed Dec 28 05:49:54 EST 2005

I'm having the same problem with that provider, Lluis.

It seems that Mapserver includes the parameter
"EXCEPTIONS=application/vnd.ogc.se_inimage" at the end of the request, and
the provider doesn't like that parameter.

I have searched the documentation but I haven't found a way to change the
way Mapserver generates the actual requests to the wms servers.

I think that a possible solution would be to make the connection to the wms
provider trhough a HTTP proxy. Then you could make the proxy filter out the
"EXCEPTIONS" parameter from the HTTP requests.

Incidentaly, caching the requests to the wms provider in an HTTP proxy seems
a good idea too, doesn't it?

Have you found any other solution?

Greetings,
Xavier Pereta