USGS Urban coverage shapefile

Tue Feb 1 21:03:28 EST 2005

Hello Thomas,

I am not familiar with this raster layer, but if it has the Urban areas
in a constant color in the raster, then you could do a lat/lon query of
the raster layer and get back the pixel value. Then decide based on the
pix value whether it falls into an Urban area.

The Tiger data also defines Urban areas as polygons so you might be able
to work with that.

-Steve W.
  http://imaptools.com