MapServer crash

Colin McGuigan cmcguigan at EARTHCOMBER.COM
Wed Feb 2 17:22:53 EST 2005

Laurent Jégou wrote:
 > Hello, i've a problem puzzling me for quite a long time, and after
 > checking many potential solutions i seek your advice.
 >
 > When i use php_mapscript the map is generated, but when i use the
 > mapserv directly in an url or a html file, it crashes with the infamous
 > "premature end of script headers" in apache server error.log.
 >
 > Here you can test that, with the tutorial files :
 >
 > http://serv-1-3-69.lycos-vds.com/tutorial/test1.php

http://serv-1-3-69.lycos-vds.com/cgi-bin/mapserv40?map=/var/www/tutorial/example1-1.map&mode=map

I had this problem when I compiled mapserver --with-php and
--with-php-regex.

Although I didn't need mapserv as a CGI, I did find that I could compile
mapserver with the PHP options to get a working php_mapscript.so, and
then compile mapserver without the PHP options to get a working mapserv
executable.

--Colin McGuigan