Rotated Orthographic View?

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Thu Feb 3 13:30:06 EST 2005

ed at topozone.com
(978) 251-4242

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of H Z
Sent: Thursday, February 03, 2005 12:36 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Rotated Orthographic View?

I have a US lower 48 state/county map view in ESRI ArcMap that I have
exported shapefiles out of, and use them in MapServer/PerlMapScript to
generate maps for the Web.  When using a Mercator projection, everything
works fine, but now I need to use an orthographic projection.  When
using ortho in ArcMap, the map appears rotated, but I can use ArcMap's
Rotate Data Frame tool to get it in the right position.  Exporting the
rotated map to a shapefile and processing it in MapServer/PerlMapScript
however doesn't maintain the corrected rotation.

How can I have MapServer/PerlMapScript rotate the map prior to
generating an image from it?

Thanks!