Help to Re-Project Map Layers on the Fly

Dan Barron dbarron at DSWLLC.COM
Thu Feb 3 13:52:42 EST 2005

Ed,

With one minor change (lon_0=110) this worked perfectly.  I'm a newbie at
projections, have always just used the shapefiles I had without any
problems.  Is there a good tutorial out there for understanding how to work
through projections and determine things like, say the datum if not
specified explicitly?

While looking for a good reference for projection definitions and
abbreviations (e.g. Clarke-1866 = clrk66) I came across these pages:

http://www.safe.com/support/online_help/coordinate-system/coordinate_system_help.htm#predefined_ellipsoids.htm

Is there some better/other resource out there that could be useful?

Thanks again!

Dan