Link error (missing nad.obj) when using nightly build

Bob Bruce covariance at SHAW.CA
Thu Feb 3 22:17:24 EST 2005

I'm on a WIN2K system and am using the WIN32 build HowTo.

I'm having problems with the nightly build. When I was running the nmake
using my modified Makefile.vc, I got the following message:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "C:\Projects\proj-4.4.9\nad.obj"

the output for this step in the link is:

        link /dll /debug  mapbits.obj maphash.obj mapshape.obj mapxbase.obj
 mapparser.obj mapl
exer.obj maptree.obj  mapsearch.obj mapstring.obj mapsymbol.obj mapfile.obj
 maplegend.obj
  -
  -
  -
mappool.obj  c:\projects\regex-0.12\regex.obj c:/projects/gdwin32/bgd.lib
     C:\Projects\proj-4.4.9\nad                 /def:mapserver.def
/out:libmap.dll /implib:mapserver_i.lib
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 6.00.8168
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1992-1998. All rights reserved.

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "C:\Projects\proj-4.4.9\nad.obj"
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x450'
Stop.

when I looked in the nmake.opt file I found the following lines:
# Proj.4 include and library
!IFDEF PROJ_DIR
PROJ_INC=-I$(PROJ_DIR)/src
PROJ_LIB=$(PROJ_DIR)/src/proj_i.lib
!ENDIF

and I have the following configuration lines set in nmake.opt:
PROJ=-DUSE_PROJ -DUSE_PROJ_API_H
PROJ_DIR=c:\projects\proj-4.4.9

when I built the PROJ binaries, I had the following line in my Makefile.vc file:
PROJ_LIB_DIR=C:/Projects/proj-4.4.9/nad

can someone out there help me with this?

thanks,
        Bob Bruce