Frustration setting in.. Plotting a single point...

Lowell Filak lfilak at MEDINACO.ORG
Fri Feb 4 23:16:29 EST 2005

The following message was sent by Jeff Cotterman <jeff at BUTTEBUILT.ORG>
on Fri, 4 Feb 2005 19:40:42 -0600.

> I'm sure this is something very simple, and I have gone through the
> archives, and have copied numerous examples, the only thing I think can be
> causing a problem is the huge extents of my shape file, and the point not
> being converted correctly?  There are two shapefiles for the US, and state
> borders..
>
> Anyway, here is my php file (which should look almost identical to the
many
> examples given) and my map file, any pointers would be greatly
appreciated.
>  I have tried it with and without the setProjection also..

Jeff,

I don't have the complete answer(s) but if you temporarily set the xy of
the point to a northing & easting that falls within the extents does it
draw?
Are you sure your 'lower' northing is 3808293 and the 'higher' is 930341?

Lowell