Frustration setting in.. Plotting a single point...

Lowell Filak lfilak at MEDINACO.ORG
Fri Feb 4 23:47:05 EST 2005

The following message was sent by Lowell Filak <lfilak at MEDINACO.ORG> on
Fri, 4 Feb 2005 23:16:29 -0500.

> The following message was sent by Jeff Cotterman <jeff at BUTTEBUILT.ORG>
> on Fri, 4 Feb 2005 19:40:42 -0600.
>
> > I'm sure this is something very simple, and I have gone through the
> > archives, and have copied numerous examples, the only thing I think
can be
> > causing a problem is the huge extents of my shape file, and the
point not
> > being converted correctly?  There are two shapefiles for the US, and
state
> > borders..
> >
> > Anyway, here is my php file (which should look almost identical to the
> many
> > examples given) and my map file, any pointers would be greatly
> appreciated.
> >  I have tried it with and without the setProjection also..
>
> Jeff,
>
> I don't have the complete answer(s) but if you temporarily set the xy of
> the point to a northing & easting that falls within the extents does it
> draw?
> Are you sure your 'lower' northing is 3808293 and the 'higher' is 930341?

Make that your 'lower' & 'higher' easting.
X/Y Northing/Easting - why don't they line up? Rich, survey me out of
this one!

Lowell