mapserver install - save and download window for mapserver.exe

william paul williampaul28 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Feb 7 03:37:26 EST 2005

Hi and Thank you Zoltan, but:
I use Windows XP professional, FAT32 as partition and Apache 2, mapserver_pg_440.
I used Workshop Demo, Itasca Demo and I also created my mapserver.
In HTML file I tried with:
c:\.....\cgi-bin\mapserver.exe - absolute path
\cgi-bin\mapserver.exe, relative path - both with backslahes or slahes.
When I use absolute path (e.g. c:\...\cgi-bin|mapserver.exe I get the save and download window
When I use relative path \cgi-bin\mapserver.exe I get "The page cannot be displayed"
The lines in apache for ScriptAlias are:
#
# ScriptAlias: This controls which directories contain server scripts.
# ScriptAliases are essentially the same as Aliases, except that
# documents in the realname directory are treated as applications and
# run by the server when requested rather than as documents sent to the client.
# The same rules about trailing "/" apply to ScriptAlias directives as to
# Alias.
#
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/apache/Apache2/cgi-bin/"
#
# "C:/apache/Apache2/cgi-bin" should be changed to whatever your ScriptAliased
# CGI directory exists, if you have that configured.
#
<Directory "C:/apache/Apache2/cgi-bin">
    AllowOverride none
    Options none
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

I've seen the same error at other users, and some asnwers were about read and execute permissions for the cgi-bin folder. In my case with Fat32 partition, I can't modify read and execute permissions. Do I have to convert to NTFS? Can Mapserver be used on FAT32?

I'll apreciate any help,

William