Problem with POINT layer in PostGIS

Dirk Jesko jesko at GEOCONTENT.DE
Mon Feb 7 08:42:36 EST 2005

Hi Perry,

I am now pretty sure that this problem only occurs with newer PostGIS
versions. Today I replaced PostGIS 1.0.0RC2 by an older one (0.9.0) and
it worked fine with all mapserver versions from 4.0 up to 4.5. On the
other hand neither mapserver version works with 1.0.0RC2, i.e. only
lines and polygons are drawn, but points are not.

Which version of PostGIS are you using? If you also have 1.0.0RCx (or
maybe 0.9.1 which I did not check), it is most likely an incompatibility
of the newer PostGIS versions and mapserver. Maybe you could also try an
oder version to see if you can confirm it.

Dirk