MyGIS support: how can activate it?

Daniele Margotti margottid at COMUNE.LUGO.RA.IT
Tue Feb 8 04:31:23 EST 2005

On Behalf Of Daniele Margotti
>Sent: Tuesday, February 08, 2005 9:41 AM
>To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
>Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] MyGIS support: how can activate it?
>

>>> "mapmygis.o" gets compiled, but when I check my Mapserver executable
>>> can't see MYGIS as input source:
>>>
>>> $ ./mapserv -v
>>> MapServer version 4.2.3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
OUTPUT=WBMP

>>> OUTPUT=PDF SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER
>>> SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=OGR
>>> INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
>>>
>>> How can I activate MYGIS support?
>>

>>It is activated, but does not report itself, this is a known issue. If
>>you are still unsure, you can do a
>>
>>ldd /path/to/php_mapscript.so
>>
>>and you will see it depends on libmysqlclient12.so
>>

>But I can't also find libmysqlclient12.so on my system:
>
># updatedb
># locate libmysqlclient
>/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.la
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.a >/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient_r.la

>Should I install other RPMs than MySQL-devel-4.1.9-0.i386.rpm (and
MySQL-server & -client RPMs) I already
>installed?

WAIT! :-)

I just installed MySQL-shared and MySQL-shared-compat, and now I have
libmysqlclient.so.12.

I'm re-compiling, sure this time is the right time. ^_^

        Daniele