suppress layers from appearing in Context (WMC)

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Tue Feb 8 07:23:43 EST 2005

Hello list,

is there a way to suppress a layer of type WMS from appearing in a Web Map
Context document saved with Mapserver/Mapscript (i.e. function
saveMapContext)?

Using Chameleon we create a few Annotation layers which use SLD WMS, like
a layer for ExpressionBuilderAnnotation and LabelAnnotation. We don't want
these layers to be exported in a WMC, since the WMC in Mapserver does not
support SLD/Filter (so they will be just duplicates of the original WMS
layers on which they work).

Any ideas on how to deal with this? I could imagine re-using the DUMP
keyword for this behaviour, but maybe there are drawbacks to this
approach?

Best regards,
Bart