support for MySQL spatial geometry?

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 9 00:50:18 EST 2005

On Tue, 8 Feb 2005 21:04:01 -0800, Gregor Mosheh
<stigmata_blackangel at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is there any idea yet as to when/if MapServer or some
> underlying library will support MySQL's new spatial
> geometry capabilities?

Gregor,

I am not aware of anyone working on MySQL Spatial support
for mapserver itself, and I don't have any plans to add it to
OGR.  I would be happy to do so if a client was interested, but
I am hesitant to do it just for the sake of having another
spatial database.

Best regards,