[UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] map file access problems

Fortin,Nicolas [SteFoy] nicolas.fortin at EC.GC.CA
Wed Feb 9 10:42:41 EST 2005

Hi Mark,

Yes, you have to give IUSR_[NAME] permission tu read u:\wwwroot\ directory.  If this is your main virtual web directory, IUSR_ should already have the right to read it.  I use filemon tools to check for permission problem, you could find it here: http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml .  While running it and getting the error, search for any ACCESS DENIED.

Nick

-----Message d'origine-----
De : UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] De la part de Mark Andrle
Envoyé : Wednesday, February 09, 2005 10:23 AM
À : MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Objet : [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] map file access problems

Hello,

I very new to mapserver and I'm having problems getting mapserver to access the map file.

When I execute http://s-cnbml350:8080/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?
map=u:\wwwroot\home.map&mode=map I receive a message of  msLoadMap(): Unable to access file. (u:\wwwroot\home.map)

We are using Windows XP and IIS.  Could this be a permission problem?

Thank You
Mark Andrle