PostGIS vs. Shapefile

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Thu Feb 10 07:23:03 EST 2005

Hi,

see:

http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch04.html#id3125676

In short you can create the spatial index in the following way:

CREATE INDEX mytable_geom_idx ON mytable USING GIST (the_geom
GIST_GEOMETRY_OPS);

followed by:

vacuum analyze;

Best regards,