Layers do not show up?

w m wokar1 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Feb 10 15:44:37 EST 2005

Hi,
I was making a simple map file.  I'm able to display the map, but when i add the "landcover" layers, they don't show up on the map. I'm not sure why it doesn't show up???
Also, does it matter if I include the fontset? what is it used for?
WHat is the purpose of IMAGEPATH and IMAGEURL? If I don't include these it doesn't make a difference. Why is that?
The legend doesn't show up either.
 It can be viewed here: http://132.205.108.60

I put all my files in the cgi-bin along with mapserver.

NAME europe

STATUS ON

IMAGETYPE PNG

IMAGECOLOR 255 255 255 # white background

EXTENT 407.997812 4103475.750 443135.000 4157027.250

#FONTSET "/usr/local/etc/htdocs/mapserver/fonts/fonts.list"

SIZE 500 500

SHAPEPATH "/var/www/cgi-bin"

# Set your template file to the name of YOUR template file

# you can leave the image path and image URL alone

WEB

TEMPLATE "/var/www/html/index.html"

IMAGEPATH "/usr/local/etc/htdocs/tmp/"

IMAGEURL "/tmp/"

END

LEGEND

          STATUS ON

        LABEL

TYPE TRUETYPE

FONT arial

COLOR 0 0 0

SIZE 10

ANTIALIAS TRUE

END

END

# LAYER DEFINITIONS ---------------------------------------------

LAYER

NAME "myoutline"

DATA europa

STATUS DEFAULT # Show the layer at all times

TYPE LINE

CLASS

COLOR 0 0 0

OUTLINECOLOR 255 120 60

END

END

LAYER

NAME "credits"

STATUS DEFAULT

TRANSFORM FALSE

TYPE ANNOTATION

FEATURE

POINTS

50 480 # changes the location of the text

END

TEXT 'Europe Map'

END

CLASS

LABEL

TYPE BITMAP

POSITION CR

COLOR 255 120 60

END

END

END

LAYER #

NAME "mylandcover"

DATA nhtm93s3

STATUS ON # show layer, but allow it to be turned off

TYPE POLYGON # choices for type are POLYGON, LINE and POINT

CLASSITEM "LANDCOVER"

CLASS # water

NAME "Water"

EXPRESSION 'Water' # match only those where [landcover]='Water'

COLOR 225 225 255

OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0

END

CLASS # grassland

NAME "Grassland"

EXPRESSION /Planted*/ # search for landcovers starting with Planted

COLOR 0 240 0

OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0

END

CLASS # forest