mapserv segfaults

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 10 16:01:50 EST 2005

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 13:57:58 -0700, John C Cartwright
<John.C.Cartwright at noaa.gov> wrote:

> Any ideas on what I should try next? I specified
> --with-libtiff=internal --with-geotiff=internal in the GDAL config.  If
> I specify a --with-tiff=DIR in the mapserver config, is that library
> used or the one in the GDAL config?

John,

Generally speaking if you are using GDAL there is no reason to use
the --with-tiff option for MapServer.  The built-in use of libtiff is not
nearly as flexible as using it through GDAL.

If you build MapServer --without-tiff and if nothing else drags in
libtiff other than GDAL then you should be ok.  If something else
is dragging in libtiff, then ensure you build GDAL to use the same
libtiff rather than it's internal copy.

The key is to configure things to ensure there is only one libtiff
or your life can be hell.

Best regards,