queryBypoint problem - Please help

Steven Monai stevem at SPATIALMAPPING.COM
Mon Feb 14 10:48:29 EST 2005

Your code snippet doesn't set $buffer before it is used, so PHP will give
it a default value (probably zero). Set $buffer to a positive value and you
may get better results.

Hope this helps,
-SM
--

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 00:31:59 -0800, Nagu Govind <lsnagu at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

>Hi,
>Iam using MapScript.
>I want to find out the State and District name using latiudes and
longitudes. My .dbf file has the following fields
>1.Dst_ID
>2.District
>3. State
>
>I want to get this info corresponding to my lat and long.
>
>My map file layer is like this
>---------------------
>MAP
> NAME "ind"
> SIZE 500 500
> STATUS ON
> SYMBOLSET "maps/symbols/examples.sym"
> EXTENT 67 5 99 40
>
> SHAPEPATH "maps/data/"
>
>    PROJECTION
>  "proj=latlong"
>  "datum=NAD83"
>    END
>
> WEB
>  IMAGEPATH "maps/tmp/"
>  IMAGEURL "maps/"
>  TEMPLATE  'maps/myind.html'
> END
>
>QUERYMAP
>  STATUS ON
>  STYLE SELECTED
>  COLOR 255 255 0
> END
>
> LAYER
>  NAME "Ind"
>  TYPE POLYGON
>  STATUS ON
>  DATA "ind_ds"
>  PROJECTION
>   "proj=latlong"
>   "ellps=GRS80"
>  END
>  CLASS
>   NAME "IND MAP"
>   OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
>   COLOR 255 255 0
>   SYMBOL dash-long
>   STATUS ON
>  END
>  TEMPLATE ind_query.html
> END
>
>END
>-----------------------
>
>And Iam calling Query by point as folows
>
>$point = ms_newpointObj();
>$point->setXY($lon,$lat);
>$layer1 = $map->getLayerByName('Ind');
>if($layer1->queryBypoint($point,MS_SINGLE,$buffer) == MS_SUCCESS){
> echo "Success : $buffer";
>}
>
>Iam getting this warning message
>Warning: [MapServer Error]: msQueryByPoint(): No matching record(s) found.
>
>Iam new to mapserver & I really dont know whether this is the right method
to get the info from the dbf file. Iam having only one polygon layer. Do i
need to have another layer for quering.?.
>Please tell me where Iam going wrong.
>
>The concepts of layers are also not much clear to me. Regarding Mapscript
and Map File , reference documents are there but I could not find any
elaborate examples or application notes.