gdal initial support for mrsid

joerg pfeiffer superbla3000 at GMX.NET
Mon Feb 14 18:29:12 EST 2005

It sounds like what you want is to be able to
> read MrSID files in Mapserver but delivery the final render map
> in a more conventional format (like gif, png or jpeg).

actually it's like this:
I have the MrSid UTM 160MB satellite images from NASA, which I want to
convert to latlong first, make an index, and then deliver as jpg with
mapserver to the browser. Maybe I also should build different
resolutions and then build the index....

That is something
> that has been available for a while, assuming your mapserver and
> gdal are built accordingly.

So first I download the lizardtech sdk, then compile gdal with the sdk
and last compile mapserver with this gdal?

and then I can do all the things I mentioned?

best regards
Joerg