Problem unsing FLASH with php_mapscript

knochej at GEO.ORST.EDU knochej at GEO.ORST.EDU
Wed Feb 16 19:39:19 EST 2005

When I use the following .phtml with PHP_Mapscript_42, I get a SWF which
zooms on the clientside very nicely.  When I replace the mapscript with the
PHP_mapscript_44.dll,  the SWF that is created has poor resolution - when I
zoom in its pixelated.  I assume that when using mapscript_44 my map is
being rasterized somehow.  How do I avoid this and get a vector output SWF?

When I specify outputformat using the standard outputformat object for swf
in the map file, but use FORMATOPTION "OUTPUT_MOVIE=MULTIPLE" I get no image
with the .phtml described below.

<?php
dl("php_mapscript_42.dll");
$map_file="./flashphp.map";
$map = ms_newMapObj($map_file);
$image=$map->draw();
$image_url=$image->saveWebImage();
?>
    <object>
      <param name="movie" value="<?php echo $image_url?>">
      <embed border=1 src="<?php echo $image_url?>"
               width="800" height="500" quality="high"
        TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash"
        PLUGINSPAGE="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">
      </embed>