compiling problem

Ivan Mjartan ivan.mjartan at GEOVAP.CZ
Thu Feb 17 08:14:38 EST 2005

Hi everybody,
I am trying compile  mapserver-4.4.1 under windows. I was downloading  mapserver-4.4.1.tar.gz

than i download gdwin32 and regex-0.12 and add this line into namake.opt
GD_DIR=c:\ms-4.4.1\gdwin32
REGEX_DIR=c:\ms-4.4.1\regex-0.12

and finally i try compiled it with

nmake /f Makefile.vc

everything looks normal but ten the linker sed

Creating library mapserver_i.lib and object mapserver_i.exp
regex.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _printchar
libmap.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'link' : return code '0x460'
Stop.

what I am doing wrong ? Knows some body ?

thanks for your help ivan mjartan