problem accessing mapserver

Hiten Ravani hiten.ravani at ADAPTIVESYSTEMS.COM.AU
Tue Feb 22 21:45:28 EST 2005

Hi all,

I have successfully compiled mapserver version 4.4.1 and have been using the
php/mapserver along with chameleon.

The problem i am having is that mapserv cgi script when i place it in
cgi-bin directory of apache version 2.0.52 and execute the following url

http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv

I get the following message as expected :

No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty.

But when i try to access a mapfile using the following url
(http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/mdbcdev/progs/apache2/htdocs/map/mdbc.map&mode=map)
i keep getting this error message

PATTERN: Unable to access file. xt File
(/home/mdbcdev/progs/apache2/htdocs/map/mdbc.map)

I have made sure the directory map has got 777 access level and so does the
file (have set this access level settings just to make it to work)

I am not sure, having php/mapserver module loaded with same apache should it
by any way affect the way the cgi mapserv working????

I would also like to add, i am using debian linux.

And here is the output of : ./mapserv -v

MapServer version 4.4.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS
INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG

Can anybody assist in what might be happening.

Regards,
Hiten.