Demo problem

V P vprak at APPSCI.COM
Wed Feb 23 16:51:20 EST 2005

Hi. I'm new to mapservers and running into some problems. So far, I was
able to get a pre-compiled version installed onto Windows 2K machine
working. It displayed 'No query info to decode. Query_string is set, but
empty', like it should. Next, I downladed the demo file 'Workshop.zip'. I
followed the instructions and modified the file(s) accordingly. I type the
URL in a browser and the 'MapServer Itasca Application' page loads
properly. But when I try the options from the dropdown box and click
the 'Initialize' button, a page full of symbols/binary loads up for each,
except for 'Adds dhtml rubber-band box', which seems to load properly but
with missing graphics. I hope someone can help. I've included the few line
modifications that were required. Could I have missed a step? Thanks in
advanced.
----
....<this was the "index.html" file>...

    <!-- EDIT THE FORM ACTION -->
    <form name="demo" method="GET" action="/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe"
onSubmit="submit_form()">

      <input type="hidden" name="layer" value="lakespy2">
      <input type="hidden" name="layer" value="dlgstln2">
      <input type="hidden" name="zoomsize" value=2>

      <!-- EDIT THESE HIDDEN VARIABLES -->
      <input type="hidden" name="map"
value="C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\workshop\itasca.map">
      <input type="hidden" name="program" value="/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe">
      <input type="hidden" name="root" value="/mapserver_demos/workshop">
      <input type="hidden" name="map_web_imagepath"
value="C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\tmp">
      <input type="hidden" name="map_web_imageurl" value="/tmp/">

      <select name="map_web_template" size="1">
        <option value="itasca_basic.html"> Basic Application
        <option value="itasca_adds_scalebar.html">   -- Adds second
scalebar
        <option value="itasca_adds_pan.html">   -- Adds pan controls
        <option value="itasca_adds_frames.html">   -- Adds frames
        <option value="itasca_adds_dhtml.html">   -- Adds dhtml rubber-band
box
      </select>
      <input type="submit" value="Initialize"></center>