IIS Config problem

V P vprak at APPSCI.COM
Thu Feb 24 11:38:30 EST 2005

Hi, I'm extremely new to mapservers and GIS..etc and I think I'm having an
IIS config problem. So far I was able to get the precompiled Mapserver
installed, it displayed "No Query info...." like it was supposed to. AND it
didn't prompt me for a save or open. Next, I downloaded the 'Workshop.zip'
demo and made the necessary configurations for it. I then go to try it in a
browser... typed 'http://localhost/workshop/index.html' The Itasca Demo
page loads up fine. The problem starts when I go to select an option from
the drop-down box and hit 'Initialize'. After I hit Initialize I get a page
displayed with lots of binary/symbols. Also,  I noticed that when I went
back to try the 'http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe' it prompts me for a
save now. I think I have an idea of how to fix that. I'm just absolutely
stumped on the page loading binary/symbols after 'Initialize'-ing. Could
some one be kind enough to help me figure out why this is so? Is this an
IIS issue? Thanks in advance for any help.