IIS Config problem

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 24 12:58:30 EST 2005

Hi There,

Open the 'internet services manager'. Find the 'scripts' folder where
the mapserver executable is kept, within the 'default website' in the
folder tree on the left side of that window.

Right click on the scripts folder, select properties, and make sure
that under the Virtual Directory tab that 'execute permissions' is set
to 'scripts and executables'

If permission isnt set to run the executable, the server will just
take it as a request to download the file which seems to be what's
happening to you.

If you have setup your website as a virtual directory on the tree,
with a virtual directory within it that points to the scripts folder,
make sure that the execute permissions is set to 'scripts and
executables' there as well.

Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC