IIS Config problem

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Thu Feb 24 15:53:35 EST 2005

V P -

Running from the DOS prompt will tell you very little, since only a few
dozen lines of code are executed!

You're very likely missing a DLL, either because it can't be found in
the system path OR because you don't have it at all.  Zlib.dll is a
common problem.

     - Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
ed at topozone.com
(978) 251-4242

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of V P
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2005 3:02 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] IIS Config problem

Hi. I ran the mapserv.exe from the Dos prompt. This is what it gave
back..

'This script can only be used to decode form results and should be
initiated as a CGI process via a httpd server'

It seems to be working. I think.

As far as the dll's go, I specified the path for them in the PATH of the
system environment. The path was set as c:\mapserver\bin. The proj
folder was specified under a new variable called PROJ_LIB.. in the
system environment as well.

I'm pretty sure I did everything correctly. Maybe I'm overlooking
something very small.. Any more ideas? Thanks a great deal.