IIS Config problem

V P vprak at APPSCI.COM
Thu Feb 24 16:52:06 EST 2005

Hi. Sorry, I'm extremely new to mapservers and GIS. I thought this forum
was based on Minnesota's Mapserver problems. Anyhow, for clarity purposes,
I dl'd a pre-compiled mapserver from MN's mapserver site
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/dload.html). One of the files included in the
download was mapserv.exe. Here they had also provided 2, 'workshop.zip'
and 'tutorial.zip'(http://terrasip.gis.umn.edu/projects/tutorial/download.ht
ml). ..

As far as my problem goes with the tutorial.zip test, I had deleted the URL
from the ? on and received the error...

'No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty.'

..as you mentioned. I remember receiving that error prior to installing the
demos, which ensured that I did set the mapserver correctly. So would my
problem be due to the demo set up?