IIS Config problem

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Thu Feb 24 16:30:50 EST 2005

V P -

You're using the passive voice and lots of pronouns <g>.  I can't tell
what "was provided" in "their" demo.  All I know is that you downloaded
a file named mapserv.exe from somewhere on the Internet!

I don't recommending just googling for DLLs and downloading them, as you
may have version problems.  You can try, but you've been warned!  You're
better off finding a complete distribution.

However, your other error message changes things a bit - you didn't
mention it before.  The tutorial.zip test is clearly getting much
further.  When you get the "getString ()" error message below, try
editing the URL by chopping off everything after and including the
question mark (?).  You should get the error:

No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty.

If you do, stop worrying about zlib for a while, since your distribution
may in fact be working fine.

        - Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker