ODBC/OVF connection

Emil Zegers taatuut at PLANET.NL
Tue Jul 19 06:02:06 EDT 2005

Hello Piero,

Have you checked if the PROJ folder containing projection files is set up
and available on the production machine too?

Regards,

Emil

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On
Behalf Of Piero Cavalieri
Sent: vrijdag 15 juli 2005 16:41
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] ODBC/OVF connection

Hi all,

on my devel machine I successfully connect to a layer via ODBC/OVF
connection. Layer is a MSSQL table on Win2k.

I done the same thing on production machine (Win2003) => problems.

ArchimpXP_SIAT.ovf file:

<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="impianti">
        <SrcDataSource>ODBC:xx/xxxx at Archimp_HEIDI</SrcDataSource>
    <SrcLayer>Impianti</SrcLayer>
  <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
  <LayerSRS>epsg:26591</LayerSRS>
  <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns"
y="Longitudine"x="Latitudine" />
    </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

.map file:

LAYER
    GROUP i_dep_grp
    CONNECTION "ArchimpXP_SIAT.ovf"
    CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
    DATA "impianti"
    NAME "impianti"
    METADATA
        "wms_title" "Impianti Depurazione"
        "wms_srs"   "26591"
    END
    PROJECTION
        "init=epsg:26591"
   END
    STATUS ON

web page:

<asp:listitem value=i_dep_grp selected=true>Depurazione</asp:listitem>

ODBC connection test:
ogrinfo ODBC:xx/xxxx at Archimp_HEIDI
returns the list of db tables, so seems ok.

Error messages when requesting the web page:

msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'impianti'.
msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. Open failed for OGR connection
`Archimp_HEIDI.ovf'. Failed to import LayerSRS `epsg:26591'.
" msDrawMap(): Image handling error. Failed to draw layer named 'impianti'.
msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. Open failed for OGR connection
`Archimp_HEIDI.ovf'. Failed to import LayerSRS `epsg:26591'.
"

I don't understand if errors occurs during connection open or it's layer
related.

The only difference beteween development environment seems to be that in
production machine data files are in different drive (web application in
C:, data in D:; of course SHAPEPATH is set right).

Help please
  P.