Problems with gdal

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 21 12:49:40 EDT 2005

On 7/21/05, Frederico Lucca <fredlucca at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Frank,
>
> Let me see, if a use a shape file, without OGR, can I have a mutex?
> I use a Mapinfo file, but if I can translate this to shape and have a
> mutex, I can do this.
> I will test...

Frederico,

I believe the direct shapefile support in MapServer is threadsafe, so
if you can easily translate to shapefiles that is likely prudent.

> But if you can do a mutex for OGR (and you think that it's important)
> I can test in my enviroment too.

Well, it needs to be done eventually. There is already an open bug
report on the issue, I believe.  But I'm happy enough to leave it for
another time.

Best regards,