Dynamic Maptitle

Stefanie Weykam sweykam at TELELINE.ES
Tue Jul 26 03:18:40 EDT 2005

Gerjan,
this is how I did it:

 LAYER #-------subtitulo para especies---
   NAME       "subtitESP"
   STATUS     OFF
   TYPE       ANNOTATION
   TRANSFORM  FALSE
   CLASS
      LABEL
         TYPE      TRUETYPE
         FONT      verdana-italic
         SIZE      12
         POSITION  LL
         COLOR     160 90 0
      END
   FEATURE
      TEXT    "Merops apiaster" # "Abejaruco común"
      POINTS
            635 10
      END
   END
 END

Remember this:
TYPE is ANNOTATION
Feature points refere to the image coordinates (not map coordinates!)
Set the LABEL parameters to define colour and size of the text.
I used POSITION LowerLeft since my titles are anchored close to the right border of the map and then extent to the left according to text length (you may wish to change that for your application).
Do not use STATUS DEFAULT in case you want to toggle the title on and off.

Hope this helps,
Stefanie