Multiple Coordinate Conversion

Dennis Megarry dennis at MEGARRY.COM
Mon Jun 20 11:21:48 EDT 2005

I've been struggling all weekend of getting GIF overlays to work over my GeoTIFF's.   It appears that it has been working all along and that I have a different coordinate system causing one image to appear too small.

The GeoTIFF world file seems to be in UTM while the GIF's world file is NAD-83..

GeoTIFF World File:

63.822098000000004
0.0
0.0
-63.822098000000004
-440157.48746637430
-17865.997690965814

GIF World File:

0.00931135697798297
0.000000
0.000000
-0.00931135697798297
-86.6107500110973
41.9759656594016

The GIF image does cover the entire TIFF file, only a small portion..  I'm not very familure with coordinate conversion, can someone point me to a source I can learn a bit more to convert the GIF world file over to what the GeoTIFF is using?  Or is it possible to specify the coordinate system for the GIF files within my MAP file and maintain a different system for the GeoTIFF's?

Please forgive me if my questions sound a bit elementary, but that's the level I'm working on at the moment.. :(

Dennis