Help installing Windows binaries

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 6 23:32:24 EST 2005

Hi Jack,

There's been a few people in the last couple weeks, including myself
that have had problems with the 4.4.1 windows binaries at the
mapserver homepage that seems to be related to the manner in which it
was compiled.  The problem goes beyond the usual dll problems that are
associated with the error message you received.

If you still have problems making mapserver run,  download 4.4.1 from:

maptools.org/dl

This version has a larger exe that is less dependant on external dll's
and worked fine for myself and for the other people that had the
issues.

Use the mapserv.exe plus the dll's that are found within the various
zip files within the main zip file you download from them.

Have fun,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC