SDE on SQL Server

Howard Butler hobu at IASTATE.EDU
Tue Mar 15 10:08:51 EST 2005

Given that information, I think your CONNECTION and DATA strings
should look like this:

CONNECTION "BILLP4,port:5155,BOUND_SDE,sde,password"
DATA "BOUND_SDE.STATESP020,SHAPE"

The 3rd argument there is the dbname, which should be bound_sde.
Also, it is generally bad practice to use the "sde" user for anything
but maintenance, as it can be confusing, and because user tables can
muck up the sde schema (I've never had this cause explicit trouble,
but it can make things messy).

If you haven't already seen it, I've put together a document on the
wiki that outlines some more of this stuff.
<http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MapServerSDE>

Howard