Architecture of my site: Chameleon, MapLab, MapScript, etc. What should I use

Rodrigo Tomasi rtcastro2 at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 2 08:15:43 EDT 2005

Thanks Bart,

And about MapLab´s GMapFactory ? Isn´t similiar to Chameleon ?

That´s my doubt:

1) Build my own mapscript application  OR
2) Use Chameleon ou GMapFactory

Maybe the first option will be slower at start, by will give me more
flexibility and scalability in the feature. I´m afraid of use a 3rd party
solution (ex: Chameleon), have a fast start but after 1 month discover
that I have some limitations that I will not have building my own
mapscript application.

What is your sugestion ?

Thanks again,

    Rodrigo

------------

On Mon, 2 May 2005 13:29:08 +0200, Bart van den Eijnden <BEN at SYNCERA-
ITSOLUTIONS.NL> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Maplab is a tool mainly aimed at creating and managing Mapserver MAP
files.

>Mapscript is a SWIG-based (http://www.swig.org) or PHP interface to the
Mapserver C core.

>Chameleon is based on PHP/Mapscript (PHP/Mapscript is the engine of
Chameleon) and is a toolkit to build webmapping applications fast using
templates. ALl the functionality you need is part of Chameleon.

>You can create your own Mapscript application, but it's a lot faster to
build an application using Chameleon in my opinion.