ArcMap to MapFile

Eduardo Patto Kanegae lists at WEBMAPIT.COM.BR
Tue May 3 09:34:58 EDT 2005

Hi Rodrigo,

I think this kind of tool will be a huge sucess. In fact, I didn't heard
about such a tool.

"AveIN" can do this for ArcView 3.x projects. And I also heard about
"AmeIN" - ( an "AveIN for ArcGIS" ) but don't know
how is its current status.

In fact, you could also play with QGIS and Thuban ( not today, but
MapFiles generations is already in its roadmap ) do create MapFile
skeletons.

People always ask for ArcGIS because of its nice simbology, I think.
But, I think JUMP can also offer very nice simbologies,
and in its case, a plugin for JUMP I think may work.

best regards.

Eduardo Patto Kanegae
http://www.webmapit.com.br
Skype: eduardopattokanegae