ArcMap to MapFile

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Tue May 3 09:37:11 EDT 2005

Hi,

also gix had plans to do this (ArcGIS version), but I can't find those plans anymore on the site (it was supposed to be sponsored by DM Solutions Group if I recall correctly), so I don't know if those plans ever came to realization:

http://gix.sourceforge.net/

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera-ITSolutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

Rodrigo Tomasi wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is it possible to export an ArcMap .mxd to a mapfile (.map) ? Is there any
>utility to do this job ? My mxd has only shapefile layers.
>
>I can use MapLab to speed up mapfile generation, but this kind of utility
>would by great.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>    Rodrigo

Dear Rodrigo,

we are just in the last work for the release of the (OS-) software
"AmeiN!". This is a tool
which allows to convert the actual dataframe from arcmap (v9 incl. sp
II) - including
most of the symbols - into an umn mapserver file.

We plan to release the v1.0 by mid of May (I can show it on the OS 05 as
well) - look
on sourceforge for AveiN! which was the old version for ArcView 3.x and
you'll find AmeiN!
there by end of next week. It's in german and english.

Greetings, Till

--

Mit freundlichen Grüssen aus Bonn,

Till Adams

*     AmeiN! ArcGIS Map-Export-2-UMN     *
*      AmeiN! Workshop 11. Mai 2005      *
*        http://www.terrestris.de        *

Dipl. Geogr. Till Adams
terrestris, Paulsen&Adams GbR
Siemensstr. 8 * 53121 Bonn
Tel.: 0228 962 899 52 * Fax.: 0228 962 899 57
info at terrestris.de * www.terrestris.de