Distance tool in ROSA

Stephen Baxter steve at STAFF.PIPENETWORKS.COM
Thu May 5 01:40:22 EDT 2005

Hello,

I hacked up the output from Gmap Factory to include the Distance Tool.
Specificially I changed the following:

gmf_apps\project\project.php to include :

case "DIST":
$cellsize = $oMap->cellsize ;
$cellsize2 = $cellsize / 1000 ;
echo "<param name=\"TB_BUT_dist_IMG\" ".
"value=\"./images/icon_dist1.gif\">\n";
echo "<param name=\"TB_BUT_dist_IMG_PR\" ".
"value=\"./images/icon_dist2.gif\">\n";
echo "<param name=\"TB_BUT_dist_HINT\" ".
"value=\"Measure Distance\">\n";
echo "<param name=\"TB_BUT_dist_INPUT\" ".
"value=\"dist\">\n";
echo "<param name=\"TB_BUT_dist_NAME\" ".
"value=\"ROSA_CMD\">\n";
ECHO "<PARAM NAME=\"PIXEL_SIZE\" VALUE=\"".$cellsize2."\">";
echo "<PARAM NAME=\"TB_BUT_dist_CURSOR_TYPE\" VALUE=\"CROSSHAIR\">";
echo "<param name=\"TB_BUT_dist_VALUE\" ".
"value=\"ruler\">\n";
echo "<PARAM NAME=\"DIST_MSG\" ".
"value=\"Approximative distance: %s Kms\">n";

break;

AND

case "DIST":
return "DIST";
break;

As per
http://lists.maptools.org/pipermail/maplab-users/2004-May/001197.html

gmf_apps\project\project_contents.php to include :

array_push( $aszROSATools, "DIST" );

But my issue is that when I zoom in on an area of the map it seems to
not

I even put :

$cellsize = $oMap->cellsize ;
$cellsize2 = $cellsize / 1000 ;

In the 'case "ZOOM_IN":'  area in order to get it to recalculate the
cellsize but to no avail.

If I press the redraw button at the new zoom level it seems to reset it
and all goes well, the correct distance is represented by the tool, not
the distance at the old resolution. I have also tried forcing a browser
reload and that does not seem to fix it.

I am not sure if it is related but the 'Zoom to fullest extents' seems
to need to be pressed twice as well before it works, in that once you
press it the map redraws but to the zoom in area - not to fullest
extent.

The re-centre tool does seem to fix it though, as does activating the
'i' tool.

Any help appreciated.

--
Stephen Baxter
Technical Director - PIPE Networks

Winner Australian Telecommunications Users Group 2005 award for
'Best Communication Solution for Large Business'

Peering,IX points and dark fiber in Australia.
Largest peering network downunder.

phone : 07 3233 9800/ 0417 818 695
fax   : 07 3220 1800
web   : www.pipenetworks.com