GIF Raster Image Process Problem {Scanned}

Siki Zoltan siki at AGT.BME.HU
Fri May 6 07:27:05 EDT 2005

Dear Akio,

The formula looks like:
X = Ax + By + C and Y = Dx + Ey + F (Affine transformation)
The order of the parameters in the world file is:

The process to find out the values of the parameters is called
georeferencing. There are a loft of programs what can solve the task
specifying point on the raster and giving the real co-ordinates for them.
Unfortunatelly I use commercial software for this purpose, but I think
GRASS can do it.
Usually more then the minimal 3 points are used with a least squares
estimation.

I hope it helps you

Zoltan